Friday, August 20, 2010

What This is About

I am an experieinced software Product Manager and very involved in the Agile/Scrum software world. I have a number of certifications from the Scrum Alliance and am always looking for ways to get better at coaching teams I work with to be more productive and build better software.

Here's the scoop on what I am going to be writing about; my brother and I build custom motorcycles in our spare time (what there is of it) and I am going to compare that process to that of building software. I think this is a valid comparision as the two processes have many commonalities. Building a bikes(scooters) and software both:
  • Vision is key and drives the process
  • There are many unknowns at each step of a process
  • The people that build them rely on learning to get better each time they do it
  • There are multiple ways to do pretty much everything
  • Projects are never the same
Every so often something will happen at work that I will write about it as well, it may even have to do with software development.

My perspective on software development is very end-user/product focused which will surely show through.

Feel free to send along any questions you might have, I am happy to try and answer them or at least try to point you in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment