Here's the scoop on what I am going to be writing about; my brother and I build custom motorcycles in our spare time (what there is of it) and I am going to compare that process to that of building software. I think this is a valid comparision as the two processes have many commonalities. Building a bikes(scooters) and software both:
- Vision is key and drives the process
- There are many unknowns at each step of a process
- The people that build them rely on learning to get better each time they do it
- There are multiple ways to do pretty much everything
- Projects are never the same
My perspective on software development is very end-user/product focused which will surely show through.
Feel free to send along any questions you might have, I am happy to try and answer them or at least try to point you in the right direction.